23 May 2011

Within the Interim Between My Last Post and This Post...

     I donated my hair. Okay, I realise I haven't really told you about that. I've been growing my hair out for five years straight; didn't even trim my ends. Before Friday, my hair was about an inch below my...sitting area (<---- lulz). Now, it's not even below my chest. So, that kind of sucks. I mean, five years with mystical mermaid hair. I was really attached to it! I miss it quite a lot, but I'm sure I'll manage. Besides, it will grow throughout the summer. Oh, and I have bangs (first time since I was five years old!). I'm still in the can't-figure-out-how-to-style-them phase, though. Sigh. You know, I cried when my hairdresser started cutting it. At least it was all for a good cause. Alright, so that's it.

     Another lovely experience is....Comic-Con! Comic-Con was AMAZING! I didn't buy many things (just the actual ticket to go in and a 2-pack of Pocky sticks), but OH, THE EXPERIENCE WAS PRICELESS!!!! "But, Laura, Pocky sticks are just Pocky sticks. They're nothing out of the ordinary. Wah, wah, wah, wah, wah--" See, that's where you're WRONG, because at Comic-Con, I had the absolute pleasure to meet *drum-roll* Johnny Yong Bosh!!!! :D You may or may not know him as Adam on the "Power Rangers" (the black one) or Ichigo and Hollow Ichigo on "Bleach". Speaking of which, I keep getting bugged about saying I'm not into "Bleach", so I will start watching it, you little buggers. Anyway, back to Johnny. At around 11:30-ish am, he signed my GameBoy COLOR (Yeah, I asked him to sign that puppy, because I didn't have a spare bit of parchment... What do you want me to do? I had NO IDEA he was coming!) and my arm. Yes, you read that correctly. Johnny Yong Bosch signed my freaking arm. As in, he made physical contact with me for a few seconds and the ink of the marker he used is now seeping through my skin. I feel as though I should mention the fact that when I take a shower, I cover that arm in a plastic bag to preserve the autograph. Yes, I am weird. Speaking of weird, he said I was weird! Y'know, jokingly...I hope. :D It's not because of me, actually. My friend urged him to call me weird, so...yeah.

Ah, let's not forget the hour-long conference with Johnny himself. I was in the third row. 'Twas very magical. He did the Hollow Ichigo laugh without realising that his daughter was asleep. Lulz. It was just... AHHHHHHHHH!!!! He was so funny, too. He talked about some lines on Power Rangers that he just thought were terrible, i.e., "I'm a frog." and "MORPHENOMENAL!". LOLOL "Morphenomenal". I'm going to have to use that from time to time. Well, since I can't really write everything that was spoken about during the conference and things the fans asked him, I'll have to end the adventurous story here. Until my next post, DFTBA (threw that one in for my fellow Nerdfighters) and I hope y'all have a MORPHENOMENAL (!) day. :) Byeeeeeee!

                                                                                                      

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, it sounds like you had a good time! :) Sounds funny.

    It's really nice of you to donate your hair. I've thought about it, but I never let my hair get that long before cutting it again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's a sacrifice. I cut off my long hair last year and regret it :/.. And now it's so hard to grow it back and it's not even as healthy as it was!



    Xoxo,
    beatricebalaj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete